“Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress.” -Pinterest
“Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” -Pinterest
“Do more of what makes you sparkle.” -Pinterest
“Let’s do what we love and do a lot of it.” -Marc Jacobs
My life is straight outta Pinterest, and the trending adage of “pursue what inspires you, do more of what makes your soul happy, get rid of the stuff draining you” has had me wanting to put words to feelings of what truly inspires.
I finally sat down today to do just that; and how encouraging it was to pause and reflect on what inspires me…makes me wonder if I really did pursue these inspirations intentionally, how would my life change?
- deep conversations about faith, spirituality, Jesus, trials to triumphs
- puppies 😛
- worship – intentionally focused on praising God in prayer, song, Bible-reading, fellowship
- adventures – trying new things and going new places
- willfully breaking through my comfort zone
- connecting with new people
- feeling needed and wanted
- seeing fitness goals reached in myself and others
- people’s stories that I see God’s hand in
- when I can tell I’m living out of intention and not habit
- pretty photography that makes you pause, transports you somewhere else for that moment
- strong women with confidence of self in Christ
- men passionately, ridiculously in love with Jesus
- random acts of kindness
- classical music
- timely quote or phrase in book or blog I’m reading (inspired a lot whilst reading C.S. Lewis:P)
Now that I’ve put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard to articulate, I choose to pursue these inspirations. They are like any trait, gift, or dream God has given us…in fact, I know they lead us a little closer to Jesus’ heart and living out who He has created us to be.
I’m curious what similarities you find in yourself in these items, as well as others, since we’re all so different in what makes us tick. I can’t wait to read the comments below of what inspires you!
the tall girl